Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Almost Drapes...

I was in Boston and New York last week with my best friends for a little get away/adventure time and it was so fantastic! Of course I have a ton of pictures but Ill refrain from boring you with those. We basically walked a lot, ate a lot, and did a crap ton or sight seeing. Im still recovering after 3 days back at home from all of the heavy food and nonstop hustle and bustle of the city. Ive been meaning to make some new drapes for the dining room for quite some time but could never get around to it... so I thought to myself what better way to recover than to throw myself into another project?

The dining room drapes came with the house, and it isn't that they are really all that bad, they just aren't right for our décor or color scheme. I have not been able to find something that I really liked so I decided I was going to make my own. I happened to find some super cheap linen drapes for 10 bucks at Big Lots and thought I work....

I had just about finished with the first drape and was genuinely excited about how they were turning out when my Hunny walked in and looked upon them. He stared or a little while and I started to fear that he hated them. CRAP! But instead told me he said how much he liked them...and then asked me if the were the right size.

The...right...size?!?!

@#$%! How could I have overlooked step one of this whole process? The most important one? The drapes are too small and so I have to start over with larger ones. I have a tutorial for them but I want to be able to post the before and after pictures of the final product. Im so pissed at myself.

Anyway, I think I will just sell the first drapes on Etsy and at least now I have the hang of this whole thing. Stay tuned for the ACTUAL drapes...

No comments:

Post a Comment